Finally, a Registry Guide
I have finally compiled a complete list of my favorite baby products. I often get asked what to put on baby registries and this is it– the things I used with both kids, things we still use and we still love. The items listed are at a variety of price points but I can attest to the quality of each item regardless of price. Here is my ultimate Registry Guide!
1. Tommee Tippee Bottles: not too many parts, perfect size
2. comotomo bottles: feels like a breast
3. Sofie the Giraffe ― teether
6. Medela dual breast pump ― check insurance
7. Medela breast milk storage bags: Don’t Leak; LOVE THEM
8. Medela hand pump for travel or when you don’t want to lug electric pump. Maybe $30 but worth it!
9. “Grass” drying rack― get the large size
1. Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair― easy to clean and rolls! very modern looking
2. bumbo feeding chair― affordable and movable. great for when you first start introducing food
Questions I get asked:
How long did I Breast feed?
I breastfed Joy for about 9 months. She started to ween herself around 7. Baby boy is still going strong.
Did you make all of your daughter’s food?
With my 1st, I was much more deliberate with making and storing her baby food. I made EVERY vegetable, bought the cute storage containers, and the baby bullet. The containers were great till she was eating 2 at a time. They are a pain to clean; parts fall in the dishwasher and it get’s cumbersome. The bullet was a waste; use your regular blender, make more, freeze the excess. I also only make what we plan on eating that week. She used to have her own grocery list and I just don’t have the time now. I did a combo of baby-led weaning and purees. Check out my baby food post!
Now that we are right in the middle of introducing solids with baby Jeff, he is not so fond of purees. So I give him portions of whatever we are eating just cut up very small (i.e. chicken, steamed or roasted veggies, fruits) If you all are interested in my updating the baby food post, leave me a quick message in the comment section!
Did I have any issue going from breast to bottle and back?
I never had issues introducing the bottle with either child. Introduced bottle to both around 3 weeks and it took a couple bottles to find one my daughter liked but my son was a breeze; didn’t care.
TIP: Store as much milk as possible early on. My supply slowly decreased and by 6 months I couldn’t pump and feed. I know there are a ton of trick to get it back up but I just suggest stocking the freezer early!
Register for 3 different types of bath soap; try them all decide what you like. we use:
Why 3 types of soap?
Both of my kids had very sensitive skin. We had only purchased Johnson and Johnson and they both immediately broke out after a bath. My husband was sent to the store looking for new soap and a healing cream in the middle of the night.
TIP: At least 6 hooded towels and twice as many wash cloths
Any tub will work. Make sure it holds water. This was the cheapest one I found.
1. Sleep Sack
2. White Noise Machine- I prefer this one of some of the large ones because it’s portable! This in the back of the car would instantly lull Joy to sleep!
3. Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets They are larger than average, super soft, and good for everything from keeping baby warm, swaddling, and as a nursing cover. You can tie the opposite corners in a knot to keep everything covered!
TIP: Please, please purchase a sleep sack. When they start rolling and turning, a blanket in the crib can be fatal.
For more information on sleep stuff, keep scrolling I talk about beds anon the next section.
1. Ergo 360– to baby wear while traveling
2. Tekhni Woven– Most secure wrap. Most options.
3. Solly Baby Wrap– light weight material; good for summer baby wearing
Why do you baby wear?
When the kids were teething or just clingy, I would baby wear to get things done around the house.
How long did you baby wear?
I wore Joy till she turned 1. We did the forward and the back carry with the Ergo 360. Joy is large and active so I couldn’t imagine wearing her much longer; she liked to explore. Still baby wearing the baby boy!
THE BIG STUFF
2. 4 Moms Play Yard (pack and play) really easy to put up and take down.
3. Dekor Classic Hands-Free Diaper Pail ― I have 2! No smells whatsoever. LOVE
4. Uppa Baby Mesa Carseat+ Uppa Baby Vista (Don’t forget the travel bag!)
5. Graco® DuetSoothe™ Swing and Rocker (Jeff’s fave) If picking one, I would choose this because it’s more versatile than the rock n’ play
6. Rock n’ Play (Joy’s Fave)
7. Dockatot– Pricey but baby gets best sleep in there.
8. NEST Home Monitoring: the picture is better but doesn’t swivel!
Honest opinion on the HALO Bassinet:
I truly loved it, but I had a big baby and he quickly outgrew it― he got too long! I didn’t have it with my first and wish I had though. Made night feedings 100x’s easier! We made it about 4 months.
Is the 4 Mom’s Play Yard worth it?
I’m screaming YES!!!!! It’s easy to to travel with, easy to assemble, and larger than the traditional pack n’ play. We even keep it up in the house for downstairs naps/ playtime. My 2 year old still fits in it comfortably.
Do I love my Uppa Baby Vista?
Yes, I will tell anyone it’s the BEST baby product we ever purchased. We have since bought ALL the attachments and STILL love it. They quality is amazing and the customer service is great. Strongly suggest the investment if you anticipate more kids.
You only need one rocker// bouncer// swing! I suggest the one that does it all but this is a great place to save money. Just keep in mind that as soon as they start to sit up and roll, they all become a hazard.
1 .magnetic pjs : perfect gift if everything off the registry is already purchased.
2. ChooMee spoons and Pouch Toppers:Great way to encourage proper eating and toppers prevent them from squeezing out all the food!
3. Ubbi Tweat 2 Piece Snack Container, Green/Orange Only one that don’t spill AT ALL!
4. Gerber cups (ONLY ones that don’t leak)
5. Baby earmuff, 3+ months, great for sporting events!
6. Britax Boulevard Click Tight Convertible Seat (For toddlers)
s7. Honest Company Backpack but also loving the Freshly Picked Version! Hand free is KEY!
8. BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie Stroller (Not Pictured; but if you like running and want to forgo a gym membership, this is worth it. I wouldn’t suggest it as your only stroller as it’s wide and VERY heavy. I love taking the kids on runs and walks; about 4 x’s a week, so it was worth the money for us.
The links included are affiliate links meaning if you decide to purchase one of the products I would get a small commission. I wouldn’t link it I didn’t love it!
Two kids later and these are the products I have tried and LOVED. If it was a waste of money or ineffective, I didn’t include it here on my ultimate registry guide.
If you have questions or a different experience with any of the products listed, please leave it in the comments for others to read as well!