Are you ready for a morning meal that couldn’t get any easier? I’ve got it for you: Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash.
It’s diced sweet potatoes with red bell peppers, red onions, and a healthy amount of garlic. It’s simple but delicious. I added in some Brussel sprouts for good measure, and to squeeze in some vegetables before noon.
Let get real for a minute; if you would have proposed a sweet potato hash a few years ago, with brussel sprouts at that, I would have laughed. You see, back then I was all about the cereal, bagels, and simple carbs. Now, I NEED all the energy I can I get to keep up with my family, that means better fuel.
Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash is a delicious recipe if you are trying to start your day with a more wholesome breakfast. And another bonus: it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. I heat mine up in the microwave, but you can get a nice crispy exterior if you toss it in the skillet for a few minutes. I just don’t want the extra dish to wash!Print
Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
This Whole30 sweet potato hash makes for a delicious morning meal. Caramelized sweet potatoes, flavorful red peppers, and Brussel sprouts are the stars!
- 5 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 C shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt+ pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt ghee in large skillet or warm the olive oil.
- Saute onions and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the diced sweet potatoes. Season with a little salt + pepper. (like 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Try not to stir too frequently; we want to get good color on those sweet potatoes! Cook for maybe 8 minutes, stirring only occasionally.
- Add in the red peppers, cook for 3 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the potatoes and peppers and add the brussel sprouts.
- Season entire skillet with garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and more salt+ pepper. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Move skillet to oven for 5 minutes to let sweet potatoes finish cooking*
*If you diced your potatoes fairly small, you might not need this step. The potatoes should be fork tender!If you’re cooking for two, just halve the recipe!
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Top your Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash with a fried egg or some fresh guacamole, and you’re all set!
It could also be served as a side dish with some grilled chicken or a steak; the possibilities are endless!
If you’re looking for other delicious breakfast recipes make sure to check out my Creamy Sweet Potato Oatmeal or even this sinful Coconut French Toast Casserole everyone loves!