Are you ready for a morning meal that couldn’t get any easier? I’ve got it for you: Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash.
It’s diced sweet potatoes with red bell peppers, red onions, and a healthy amount of garlic. It’s simple but delicious. I added in some Brussel sprouts for good measure, and to squeeze in some vegetables before noon.
Let get real for a minute; if you would have proposed a sweet potato hash a few years ago, with brussel sprouts at that, I would have laughed. You see, back then I was all about the cereal, bagels, and simple carbs. Now, I NEED all the energy I can I get to keep up with my family, that means better fuel.
Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash is a delicious recipe if you are trying to start your day with a more wholesome breakfast. And another bonus: it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. I heat mine up in the microwave, but you can get a nice crispy exterior if you toss it in the skillet for a few minutes. I just don’t want the extra dish to wash!Print
This Whole30 sweet potato hash makes for a delicious morning meal. Caramelized sweet potatoes, flavorful red peppers, and Brussel sprouts are the stars!
- 5 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 C shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt+ pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt ghee in large skillet or warm the olive oil.
- Saute onions and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the diced sweet potatoes. Season with a little salt + pepper. (like 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Try not to stir too frequently; we want to get good color on those sweet potatoes! Cook for maybe 8 minutes, stirring only occasionally.
- Add in the red peppers, cook for 3 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the potatoes and peppers and add the brussel sprouts.
- Season entire skillet with garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and more salt+ pepper. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Move skillet to oven for 5 minutes to let sweet potatoes finish cooking*
*If you diced your potatoes fairly small, you might not need this step. The potatoes should be fork tender!If you’re cooking for two, just halve the recipe!
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Top your Whole30 Sweet Potato Hash with a fried egg or some fresh guacamole, and you’re all set!
It could also be served as a side dish with some grilled chicken or a steak; the possibilities are endless!