It’s about time I share another cookie recipe― My business cards even says cookie extraordinaire– I need to live up to my self- appointed title. I already have a mini chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog, FIND IT HERE. But those are more reminiscent of the Nestle Tollhouse variety you can purchase in the mall. These Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you have ever wanted in a bite size cookie! It makes about 3-4 dozen mini cookies so share with a friend!
For more cookie recipes, make sure to check out The Cookie Jar with all my favorite recipes.
I’m also not too proud to admit that these (Mini) Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat to occasionally bribe my babies with.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Minis
Yield 36 cookies
The ultimate bite sized cookie: Chunky Chocolate chip minis stuffed with chocolate chips and complete with a tender melt-in-your-mouth center.
- 1 C Butter, COLD, cut into small squares
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- ½ C White sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ C Cake Flour
- 1½ C All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees*
2. Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar till smooth.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix the wet ingredients till well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together including: the cake flour, all purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
5. In 2 batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Barely combine till the flour has just been mixed in. Don't OVERMIX!
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Optional: Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes- 1 hour.
8. Using a tbsp or small cookie scoop, form balls of dough and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
9. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. They will be barely brown on top but remove them from the oven and cool on a baking rack.
A hot oven is the key to cookies with tender centers. Make sure you take the time to fully preheat the oven.