True story: I haven’t always been such a great cook. Now I thought I was; I have always loved being in the kitchen and trying new recipes but it took awhile for me to start creating *REALLY GOOD* recipes on my own. My husband endured the OK recipes and his patience paid off– I think he has it pretty good now. These Italian Honey Baked Chicken Wings were something he actually requested I make for him back in college. He literally said, “I really like chicken wings with Italian seasoning and honey. Can you make those?” Well of course I can. They became a weekly staple.
After you taste these Italian Honey Baked Chicken Wings, you will want to make them weekly as well. I am a huge fan of my air fryer, but honestly, these wings turn out better in the oven!
The key to getting crispy chicken wings in the oven is:
- a high oven temperature
- using the right amount of oil (not too much!)
- parchment paper lined baking sheet
- spacing the wings out on the baking sheet so they crisp up as opposed to steam.
These 5 ingredient chicken wings are ridiculously simple but always delicious and always a crowd pleaser. These wings are baked to crispy perfection and tossed with honey at the end for a little added sweetness!
- 1 pound of chicken wings
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley (Optional)
- 1 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line a LARGE baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with the avocado oil, salt+ pepper, Italian seasoning, and additional parsley.
- Place the wings on the lined baking sheet, making sure they have ample space. 2 inches between each wing is ideal. The more you can space them out, the better. Use 2 baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Flip.
- Bake for an addition 15 minutes. Drizzle with honey and shake the pan to coat the chicken.
- Bake for 3 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
*The parchment paper is KEY— If you don’t line the pan, it can leave a huge mess. If you use foil, you lose some of the crispy skin when you go to flip the chicken. Use parchment paper!