Mother’s Day is May 14th.
Another year, another gift guide!
I love putting together sweet gift baskets for Mother’s Day. I am all about little things that a mother might be able to enjoy, alone, in those little stolen moments of silence or peace. I’m talking nap time, car rides, or even during a really captivating episode of Mickey Mouse Club House. This can be done on any budget; you don’t have to spend a fortune on a thoughtful gift.
Start with a card. I am a sucker for photos, so why not skip the drugstore card and get one adorned with mama’s favorites― her kids or grandkids. Something she can display proudly at her job, on her kitchen fridge, or coffee table. Don’t forget to add how much you appreciate her!
1. I always like to include a bath time treat. Whether it be a couple bath bombs, a luxurious body wash or scrub, even a fresh silky lotion all would be appreciated. After longs days (and sometimes nights) a nice soak or an uninterrupted shower are EVERYTHING. Try LUSH.com
2. Have you considered a night off from dinner duty? Cooking dinner isn’t just cooking dinner― it also entails dishes, counter wiping, and sweeping. If food is brought in, it can be enjoyed more thoroughly and it might even leave a little time for her to catch up on favorite show. Try a restaurant gift card or even a delivery service e- gift card. i.e Favor App or Postmates.
3. Another option along the same lines would be to give mama a grocery delivery gift card. Anything to make life a little easier. We like Instacart!
4. If you don’t have time to collect items for a basket, subscription services are all the rage this year. Here is a list of 22 potential options your mom might love!
My personal favorites would be Stitch Fix, and Milk Jar Cookie of the month club. Who wouldn’t want a curated box of cute clothes or a box of cookies every month?
5. I like to include something indulgent― you know something you are typically expected to share with your kid or spouse. I feel like if I have a candy bar or treat, at least a little bit of it is for my daughter. Well, not if it was included in this Mother’s Day basket. Splurge for the good chocolate, bottle of wine, or even a coffee shop gift card- no cake pops required.
Christopher Elbow Chocolate is a company based out of Kansas City that we just FELL IN LOVE WITH while we lived there. One of my favorite treats.
6. Call me boring if you want, but I appreciate some good loungewear. Im talking the softest oversized sweaters, comfiest joggers, and fluffiest socks. Get the point? It’s not something I replace/ buy often but look forward to rocking it all weekend.
7. There is always jewelry and bags. Maybe mama needs a new clutch or a cute pair of summer earrings― maybe BOTH?! Look for neutrals with a fun detail and you cant go wrong.
I’m loving the new Stella and Dot Collection for everything.
8. My favorite gift to give (and to receive) is photos. I will print out super sweet ones of the kids, our whole family, and them with the kids ,and package them up. They are always so excited for new printed pictures. There is still time to order from ArtifactUprising.com and have it in time for Mother’s Day!
I hope you found this gift guide helpful! I know I would love to receive any or all of those items. (Hint, hint hubby!)
What was your favorite Mother’s Day gift? Do you have any traditions every year?