Sandwiches are always a hit when we have parties. It’s the perfect item to add to a party menu because they fill up your guests! If you are looking for a fun sandwich idea and love Hawaiian Rolls as much as I do, this recipe for Philly cheesesteak sliders is going to be a hit.
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Tender seasoned sirloin is mixed with soft peppers and onions served on top of a toasted Hawaiian roll. The absolute best part of this recipe is that these sandwiches aren’t assembled individually— a real time saver on game day.
Oven Baked Cheesesteak Sliders
Yield 12 slider
Tender seasoned sirloin, peppers, onions, and provolone served on top of a toasted Hawaiian Roll. Philly cheesesteak sliders perfect for game day!
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 box of thinly sliced steak.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 3 tbsp of butter. Add onions and bell peppers and sauté till tender. Remove from pan.
- Add steak to pan. Season with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 5 minutes or till heated throughout.
- Prepare the buns: Slice the top half of the rolls off.Place in an 11x7 casserole pan.
- Spread the cream cheese on the bottom layer of the rolls. Top with sliced onions and peppers, followed by the steak, topped with the slices of provolone cheese.
- Cover with top half of rolls.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on diced onions.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until toasty.
- Tear the individual sliders apart and serve!
For another Philly Cheesesteak recipe, try my
Fresh, very thinly sliced Rib-eye steak would be ideal but that can be hard to find. Good news: your freezer section at your local grocery has a very tasty alternative— flash frozen shaved steak. It cooks in no time and is still tender with a good amount of flavor!