Peanut Butter Nutella Crunch Bars. These things don’t even need an introduction. They are THAT good. Growing up, I remember eating my weight in homemade Reese’s Bars. It’s a classic recipe: sweet, creamy peanut butter with crushed graham crackers, topped with melted chocolate. Delicious but room for improvement.
These Peanut Butter Nutella Crunch Bars have a similar creamy peanut butter base with a surprising crunch element included, topped with melted milk chocolate swirled with Nutella.
Can anyone guess what the crunchy element it?
It’s Puffed Quinoa.
Before you roll roll your eyes at me, hear me out. Puffed quinoa is light and airy with a delicious crunch and no taste at all. The health benefits of quinoa are still present in a fun, new texture! If you aren’t convinced you could always use crisped rice cereal, also know as: Rice Krispies.
If you aren’t interested in buying puffed quinoa, make your own! Here are instructions on how– it’s EASY!
Peanut Butter Nutella Crunch Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars
- Cuisine: Dessert
Creamy, crunchy peanut butter bars topped with melted milk chocolate swirled with Nutella. These no bake treats are sure to be a hit!
1 cup butter (2 sticks) , melted
2 cups puffed quinoa or Rice Krispies
2 cups confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup Nutella
1 tbsp flaked sea salt to sprinkle on the top (optional)
- Prepare a 13 x 9 inch pan by lining it with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and puffed quinoa. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate or Freeze for at least 30 minutes or till layer begins to solidify.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and Nutella together. Use a double broiler or the microwave.
- Remove the pan from the freezer when the peanut butter layer has hardened and pour the melted chocolate + Nutella on top. Spread into an even layer and return to freezer or fridge. Sprinkle with salt (optional)
- Let chill for at least an hour. Cut into bars and enjoy!