Happy Valentine’s Day!
This will be our 7th Valentine’s Day together. When we first started dating, we used to go all out— a dinner reservation at a fancy restaurant or a fun staycation. Now that we have a daughter and a nursing (almost) 2 month old, we opted to stay home and celebrate.
After we put out daughter to bed, we’re going to make a fun dinner, open a bottle of wine, and watch some good romantic comedies all while hoping baby boy takes a long nap. I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way!
After dinner we need a sweet treat of course. That’s where these Butterscotch Cookie Bars come into play. These are easier than a batch of cookies and equally (if not more) delicious! If you are a fan of oatmeal scotchies, this is definitely a recipe for you. They’re delicious on their own, but for the occasion I will be topping them with sinful dolce de leche ice cream.
Butterscotch Cookie Bars
These delicious cookie bars are chewy on the inside and just crispy enough around the edges. They are full of the buttery, warm, and rich flavor of butterscotch and will be loved by all!
- 1C Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 C butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lining with a sheet of parchment paper or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Once pale in color, add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking powder, and flour. Add to creamy mixture. DON’T OVER MIX.
- With a spatula, gently fold in butterscotch chips.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30- 35 minutes or until the top starts to crack.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.