Some of my favorite recipes include appetizers and snack foods. I love a good dip or finger food. In attempts to class up my football snack spread, I thought of this ridiculously easy baked brie recipe I enjoyed years back. It’s a sweet appetizer but not quite dessert. This beautiful dish is buttery, slightly salty, and some of that sugar melts into the cheese giving you a hint of sweetness in every bite. The nuts on top serve as a perfect contrast to at that creamy cheese.
Make the brie, casually put it on the table next to the queso dip, and watch everyone go back for more. This sweet, buttery deliciousness, is perfect served with crackers and apples. Don’t knock it before you give it a try!
Sweet Baked Brie
- 1 wheel of brie cheese
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- serve with
- apples, sliced thinly
- Water Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut of the top layer of the brie. (just the thin rind covering the top of the cheese)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, and chopped nuts.
- In an oven safe dish, place the cheese and top with the well-combined sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until melty and bubbly.
- Serve hot with apples and crackers.
Do you have any favorite dip recipes? What are your favorite type of recipes?
This recipe is going on my Super Bowl LI Menu. Make sure to check out the others that made the cut!