This Chicken Alfredo Skillet Lasagna is most definitely a recipe worth repeating…often. It’s a great way to change things up.
Attempting to get dinner on the table, at a decent hour, while balancing the kids and anything else we might have going on can prove to be a challenge. There was a season when Joy would only taste her food if she was somehow involved in the prep, and Jay likes to take residence in my kitchen cabinets (usually unbeknownst to me) while I’m cooking.
Cooking dinner has become an adventure therefore, I’m always looking for ways to a) simplify an otherwise more involved dish b) create leftovers to make life easier the following day or c) prep dinner earlier in the day so all I have to do is pop it in the oven.
Chicken Alfredo Skillet Lasagna
This dish is ideal for all the above! If your evenings are busy, or being in the kitchen for an extended period of time isn’t your thing, try this recipe for Chicken Alfredo Skillet Lasagna. Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky goodness layered between lasagna noodles with shredded chicken and fresh herbs. It’s freezer- friendly, easily adaptable, and most definitely a crowd pleaser!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Skillet
Yield 8 servings
A fun, family- friendly take on traditional Chicken Alfredo-- This Chicken Alfredo Skillet is layered with shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, and a homemade garlic cream sauce.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 C milk or (half and half)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 package of no-boil lasagna noodles
- parmesan cheese
- 2 C Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 C fresh spinach, (optional)
- Prepare the Alfredo Sauce: In 2 taps of butter, sauté the yellow onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic. When fragrant, sprinkle with flour and stir till coated.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and stir in the milk. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and whisk in the grated parmesan cheese. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble Skillet Lasagna: In an oven safe skillet, add 1/3 C of Alfredo sauce, then place noodles in the skillet as best as possible. Break them if necessary. Layer in this order: Noodle, Alfredo sauce, shredded chicken, spinach, a few dollops of ricotta cheese, mozzarella + parmesan, REPEAT. Finish with a layer of noodles, alfredo sauce, and a handful of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or till bubbly. If it starts to brown too quickly, tent with foil.
If you are looking for another easy weeknight meal, try my Vegetarian Enchilada Bake It’s just as easy to whip up and is vegetarian- friendly!