It’s official! Fall is here, and so is the Pumpkin Pie flavored everything. I haven’t always been a pumpkin fan, but I finally hopped on board after tasting my first pumpkin spice latte with Soy Milk. It’s delicious, I suggest you try it sometime.
I was playing around in the kitchen, when I got the idea for a new granola recipe. You guessed it, Pumpkin Spice Granola, perfect for any fall day. My first try included canned pumpkin puree and that was a fail. There wasn’t a crispy piece in the entire batch. The success came when I used a ton of pumpkin pie spices (i.e. cinnamon, nutmeg, a little cloves), tossed in a few pieces of baked pie crust, and a handful of pumpkin seeds and pecans. I could barely wait for it to finish baking let alone cool down before I gave it a taste. It is PERFECT with vanilla yogurt.
Pumpkin Pie Granola
The granola is the perfect representation of fall. It's full of nuts, seeds, and the warm flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple.
- 3 C old fashioned oats
- ⅓ C pecan pieces
- ⅓ C almond slivers
- ⅓ C pepitas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ C maple syrup
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- frozen pie crust, in sheet form, thawed
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pie crust, butter,and sugar . Make sure everything is well coated with the maple syrup, honey, and coconut oil.
- Spread out the thawed pie crust. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. cut into bite size pieces. Bake according to package.
- On a separate baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment paper, spread out granola mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Make sure to stir every 3- 4 minutes.
- Once golden brown, remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add in the baked pie crust pieces and enjoy!
If you don’t have all the pumpkin pie spices, they sell a pre made seasoning mix. Get it!
This makes a great gift. Package it in a large mason jar and add a pretty ribbon. Voila! For an added touch, attach a $5 gift card to their favorite coffee shop.