Here to bring you a NEW fan favorite. It’s easy, can be made ahead of time, and can be made in the oven or the crockpot! I love a good, versatile recipe. I love this one even more because it’s very hands off and allows you to actually enjoy your guests/ watch the game/ sit down and talk/ etc.
This recipe was first created for a feature on KSHB. Check it out here!
PRO- TIP: Double the recipe; these will go fast!
Serve with little garlic toasts, bagel chips, Hawaiian rolls, or by themselves.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs topped with melty cheese served in a warm bubble bath of marinara sauce.
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb ground chicken
½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan
¼ yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
salt + pepper, to taste
2 cups mozzarella cheese
¼ yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 ½ cups Jarred marinara
Handful of chopped parsley, to garnish
French baguette, halved and brushed with garlic butter
Hawaiian rolls (the fan favorite)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the ground chicken with the parmesan, bread crumbs, diced yellow onion, salt + pepper.
3. Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium- high heat.
4. Form ground chicken into small meatballs and brown in an oven safe skillet on medium-high heat. Once brown on all sides, remove to a plate.
5. Add remaining diced onion and garlic to the skillet. Stir till fragrant. Add jarred marinara sauce. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional),
6. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and additional parmesan.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes. The sauce should be bubbling, the cheese melty, and the meatballs cooked throughout.
8. Enjoy on Hawaiian rolls, French baguette slices, or with plain bagel chips.
Depending on the size of your skillet, you might need to brown the meatballs in batches. You don’t want to crowd your pan!
After browning meatballs, the chicken won’t be completely cooked throughout. Must finish in the oven to make sure the meatball are ready to eat.
To make in the slow cookers, brown the meatballs first. Add the sauce ingredients and let simmer on low for 1-2 hours (depends on size meatballs and amount of sauce in the pot.) Add cheese 30 minutes before guests are set to arrive.