I feel like we get in a rut with our weeknight meals sometimes. I have my staples and unless it’s a recipe testing week, I stick with variations of my tried and true. This week, I needed something different from my typical chicken breast. I have been on a lemon kick lately. Lemon popsicles, lemonade, lemon muffins (recipe will be up soon), and now a new fave: lemon chicken. This recipe is easy and takes less than 30 minutes!
Crispy Chicken with a Creamy Lemon Sauce
- 1 pound of chicken breast, butterflied
- angel hair pasta
- 1 C Flour
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C whole milk
- Zest + juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp of butter
- Flavor God Lemon Garlic Seasoning (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil or 4 tbsp of butter for pan frying the chicken
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to the directions on the box. Get a pot of water boiling and insert pasta around step 5!
- season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and Flavor God Seasoning.
- dredge in the flour mixture till fully coated.
- pan fry the chicken breast in the olive oil. When fully cooked, set aside. (it should take about 3 minutes each side to fully cook the thin chicken breast)
- Once all the chicken has been cooked, wipe your pan. Melt 3 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the minced garlic. Keep stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the milk and heavy cream in increments. Let simmer till it starts to thicken.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. Simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Plate your pasta, chicken breast, and cream sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and more parmesan.
If you are worried about burning the chicken breast, use butter to pan fry. It doesn’t burn as quickly olive oil, thus it’s more forgiving.
Try other types of pasta! I just wanted to lighten the dish with the angel hair but I’m sure fettuccini would also be perfect.
I will be sharing more recipes in the upcoming days, so make sure you check back often! Don’t forget to Pin your favorites!