Hello Fall! It’s squash season and I have a great recipe to use up one of my favorites― delicata squash. It’s skin is edible, and when roasted it maintains great texture and has a sweet flavor. When served over spicy arugula, with pomegranate arils, and paired with this apple cider maple vinaigrette it’s fall personified. This Delicata Maple Salad is further amplified by the addition of salty feta cheese and Gr8Nola original granola.
The Gr8nola has quickly become one of my family’s favorite crunchy granola mixes. It’s less sweet than most other brands and packed with almonds, oats, and is made with coconut oil and without refined sugar.
If you are an Amazon Prime Member, Purchase HERE-> http://amzn.to/2hz9W6u
The subtle honey flavor of the granola is delicious with the tender sweetness of the roasted squash and you get the best crunch without the addition of croutons. This Delicata Maple Salad will win the entire family over!
Delicata Squash Maple Salad
Yield 4-6 servings
Delicious Fall Inspired Salad: Roasted Delicata Maple Salad with roasted squash, pomegranate, feta, granola, and a delicious apple cider vinaigrette.
- 1 delicata squash, sliced into quarter moons
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- pomegranate arils
- 1/3 C Gr8Nola
Apple Cider Maple Vinaigrette
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- dijon mustard
- salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast the squash: Spread the sliced squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, 1 tsp of maple syrup (optional), and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20- 25 minutes.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: Add the dijon mustard, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar to a medium bowl. Whisk them together and slowly drizzle the olive oil while still whisking vigorously. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble Salad: Layer all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and gently toss with vinaigrette.
If you are looking for another delicious salad, try my Simple Pasta Salad with Bacon; it’s ALWAYS a hit!