Baked Spinach Dip
I started making my baked spinach dip back in college. Jeff mentioned he liked spinach and artichoke dip from Friday’s and I was so head over heels in love, I worked tirelessly to prefect his favorite appetizer. I’m sure it’s THIS recipe that we can credit our current marriage to.
That might be a little dramatic, but my spinach dip is a family favorite and ALWAYS a hit at the parties. It’s warm, packed with spinach, creamy, a little salty, and plenty cheesy. I always serve it with tortilla chips but have even gone as far as stuffing it in puff pastry cups and spreading on crusty French bread.
This recipe is simple enough; the spinach is thawed and drained, and stirred into a bubbly mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese. It’s then baked in the oven till hot and delicious!
Roasted Garlic Spinach Dip
Yield 1 pan
Bubbly and cheesy baked spinach dip with roasted garlic, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan!
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 2 packages of frozen spinach (oz.)
- 2 package of cream cheese
- 1/3 C grated parmesan
- 11/2 C freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 c + more for over the top
- 8 oz sour cream
- salt + pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat the spinach till thawed completely and drain of all excess moisture. I used paper towels to squeeze the remaining liquid from the spinach.
- In a medium sauce pot, melt the cream cheese; once smooth, add the sour cream, mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan, and roasted garlic.
- Stir in the drained spinach till well combined.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes of till bubbly
This makes a LARGE pan of spinach dip. Feel free to reduce the recipe by half for an 8x8 pan.
You can also find this Baked Spinach Dip recipe video on my FirstandFull Youtube Channel!