I needed to get dinner on the table ASAP and didn’t have time to marinate any chicken. At this point, ground chicken became my savior. With the addition of some distinct Greek flavors, these ground chicken burgers were born.
I like to keep a little ground beef, chicken, and kielbasa sausages in my freezer because the possibilities are endless. I freeze my proteins in gallon sized bags pressed as thinly as possible for quick thawing times.
In an attempt to save room for dessert (Oatmeal Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts), I opted to serve these over a bed of greens topped with quick marinated onions and cucumbers. A heap of roasted potatoes were spooned on the side and a a healthy dollop of Tzatziki sauce was placed over the top. Dinner was effectively on the table within 30 minutes.
If you are meal prepping, and want to give these a try, you can add all the ingredients to the ground chicken and cover the bowl in the fridge till you’re ready to cook them. The uncooked patties also freeze well!
Greek Chicken Burgers
Easy Chicken Burgers filled with distinct Greek flavors. Perfect over a bed of spinach with a quick cucumber salad, some roasted potatoes, and tzatziki sauce!
- Chicken Burgers
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 3/4 C feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 C spinach, cooked
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Cucumber Salad
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 C fresh parsley
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- fresh spinach
- Roasted Potatoes
- small medley potatoes, halved
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the english cucumber, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and red onion in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the ingredients for the salad dressing in a jar with a lid and shake until well combined. Pour half the dressing over the cucumber salad and reserve the rest for serving. Refrigerate the marinating cucumber salad.
- Prepare roasted potatoes. Toss potatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet; be careful not to crown the pan. Roast for 20- 25min or until fork tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, feta, red onion, cooked spinach, garlic, and seasonings. make 12 medium size patties. If the mixture is too sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray. Place patties on wax paper till ready to grill.
- I grilled the patties for about 10 minutes. This might vary depending on how large your patties are. They need to be cooked throughout so if you have to, break it open to check.
- Serve a top a bed of spinach with the cucumber salad, roasted potatoes, and store bought tzatziki sauce.
The same chicken mixture could also be turned into meatballs. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes at 375 or till cooked through out, depending on the size of the meatballs.
Try this meal stuffed in a pita pocket as well. Stuff a couple patties, some spinach, and cucumber salad in a pita and you have a delicious meal!