I can be lazy in the mornings― as in Joy gets cereal and I may or may not drink half a cup of coffee and call it breakfast. That’s why these make ahead, easy breakfasts are absolute lifesavers in my house! I’m always looking for fun new flavors to spice things up and bonus points if my daughter likes it. Chunky Monkey Ice cream is the perfect marriage between these three flavors: banana, chocolate, and peanut butter. These overnight oats are the healthy cousin to the ice cream flavor you love so much!
These overnight oats are packed with fun flavors that will have you licking the bottom of the bowl. They are great as-is, but can be livened up with fresh sliced bananas, extra cocoa nibs, a swirl of peanut butter, and chopped walnuts! Those fun add-ins provide a lot of texture and chopped nut provide several health benefits.
If you have 5 minutes to spare the night before, you will have 4 servings of a breakfast so delicious it could also be served for dessert!
I tried this recipe with just mashed bananas as well as my “banana milk” and definitely prefer the latter. It produces a smoother product and a less pronounced banana flavor; something subtle.
Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Yield 4 servings
- 1 C + 2 tbsp old fashioned oatmeal
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 C coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- to garnish
- banana, sliced
- cacao nibs
- shredded coconut
- peanuts butter
- walnuts, chopped
- blend the ripe bananas with the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, chia seeds and cacao nibs.
- Stir in milk mixture. Mix till well combined― no chunks.
- refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with sliced banana, cacao nibs, coconut, chopped walnuts, and a swirl of peanut butter (optional).
Supposedly, oatmeal can support a boost in milk production for all the nursing ladies. If you could use an extra ounce or two, eat ALL the oatmeal!
If you are looking for other oatmeal recipes:
No- Bake Toasted Coconut Granola Bars