This isn’t really a recipe but more of a failproof formula to delicious BBQ chicken pizza. So, the IDEAL bbq chicken pizza might include smoked chicken breast, a homemade crust, and a slow simmering sauce but that’s just not feasible most of the time. ( I am working on publishing my homemade pizza recipe for ya’ll it’s delicious)
Jeff and I wanted pizza but weren’t willing to wait for the delivery guy (spoiled right?)
The BEST semi-homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza you have EVER had
- The Sauce
- 1 1/2 C Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 C of your favorite BBQ sauce
- tbsp of honey
- 3-4 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/2 TBSP oregano
- 1/2 TBSP parsley
- 1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder
- Everything Else
- 1 pre- made pizza crust
- 1 C shredded chicken
- Jalapeño, sliced
- red onion, sliced thinly
- mozzarella, shredded
- provolone, shredded (Optional)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Extras (optional)
- BBQ sauce to drizzle on top of your cooked pizza
- Like I said this isn’t really a recipe. Mix all the the ingredients for the sauce, simmer for a few minutes (if you have time) and spread liberally on top of your crust. Add toppings and bake for approx. 15 minutes. Remove and immediately top with additional bbq sauce, hot sauce, and fresh cilantro.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Tips
- Here are the store bought ingredients I used: Dei Fratelli Pizza Sauce, Head Country BBQ sauce, and Frank’s Red Hot sauce. I have several store bought pizza crusts I rotate between: Trader Joes Pizza dough, Trader Joes Frozen crust, and Pillsbury Thin Crust. Any of them will work.
- I used some leftover grilled chicken but a rotisserie chicken would be great! In a pinch you could also use some boiled chicken but I can’t guarantee the best results.
If you are interested in some of my other quick, go-to meals, check them out HERE.