If I’m being honest, the recipe for these Lemon Pepper Buffalo Wings was a happy kitchen accident in which I combined both of our favorite flavors in to one incredible hot wing. I have a love for all things buffalo, so it’s only natural that I whipped up this combo in our kitchen.
While I was testing a few different wing recipes and lost track of what I was working on and accidentally tossed the lemon pepper wings with hot sauce. I vow to never make regular hot wings again! My air fryer made the perfect crispy “fried” wings and the best part: These wings are Whole30 friendly!
I have a WHOLE Post on Air Fryers -> CHECK OUT MY AIR FRYER REVIEW POST HERE!
Here is a VIDEO tutorial on exactly how I make my Air Fryer Wings!
But don’t worry, if you don’t have an air fryer, you could always bake the wings and still achieve a crispy deliciousness.
For another equally delicious baked wing recipe, check out these BAKED Honey Asian Hot Wings. This post has extensive instructions on how I bake my wings to maximum crispiness.
Lemon Pepper Buffalo Wings
These Lemon Pepper Buffalo Wings are perfect additions to your game day spread. They are every bit the traditional hot wing with a little extra flavor. The lemon tempers the spiciness of the wings without overpowering them.Print
Traditional Buffalo wings with a little zing! Crispy Lemon Pepper hot wings seasoned with lemon garlic seasoning, tossed with a traditional buffalo wing sauce served with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 1 lb of chicken wing pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon garlic seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- 3/4 C Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Season the wings liberally with the lemon garlic seasoning and pepper. Toss with 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- If using an Air Fryer: Place the wings in the air fryer. Cook on 360 degrees for 14 minutes; tossing and turning halfway. Finish the wings on 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes. This gets them extra crispy.
- If using an Oven: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the wings on a foil lined baking sheet and make sure there is ample space between them– use 2 sheet pans if you need to. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- To prepare the wing sauce: In a small sauce pot, combine the hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, and ghee. Bring to a simmer and turn off the heat.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and toss with wing sauce. (If you baked your wings, add the back to the oven for 5 minutes after tossing with sauce.) Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.