Dinner isn’t always complicated around here. This Crispy Pulled Pork with Chipotle Slaw is a testament to that! As much as I love a pan of my Hatch Green Chile Enchiladas or a pot of Trinidadian Chicken, there is nothing wrong with a little help from the grocery store. I love to pick up this 5 ingredient Pulled Pork from Costco that happens to be Whole30 Compliant, crisp it up in a skillet, and serve it as tacos, sandwiches, or in lettuce cups. If there are leftovers, I even like to serve it on top of my crispy hash browns or in an easy, 1 ingredient egg wrap for breakfast!
While crisping the pork up in the skillet, I like to season it with a combination of Southwestern seasonings― things like cumin, coriander, chipotle powder, chili powder, and Mexican oregano. If you want a little less heat, add your favorite mediterranean seasonings, or even a little bbq rub.
The crispy pulled pork is delicious but the Chipotle Slaw really takes things up a level! My creamy, a little spicy, and a tad smoky chipotle vinaigrette stirred into a crispy slaw mix make this dish shine.Print
Crispy Pulled Pork with Chipotle Slaw
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6-8 serving
- Method: pan fry
Crispy pulled pork seasoned with southwestern spices like cumin, chipotle, and oregano perfect on lettuce wraps, tortillas, and more!
2-3 lbs of pulled pork, either leftover or warmed according to package
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp chili powder
salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat a DRY skillet on medium- high heat. When piping hot, add pulled pork in an even layer.
- Let sit for 3 minutes*. Stir and add seasonings. Let sit for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat once crust begins to form and pork is warm throughout.
*If pork is cold when you add it to the skillet, turn your head down to medium and let sit for 5 minutes before stirring.
Keywords: pulled pork
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 6- 8 servings
Spicy, sweet chipotle slaw perfect for tacos, salads, lettuce cups, and more!
- 3 tbsp Whole30 Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste (chipotles in Adobo Sauce aren’t considered compliant)
- 1/3 C Red Wine Vinegar
- 2-3 dates, softened in 1/2 C warm water
- 3/4 C Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 C Coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- Prepare Chipotle Vinaigrette. Add ingredients to a blender and pulse till smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add coleslaw mix and 3 tbsp of chipotle vinaigrette. Stir till combined.
- Serve with crispy pulled pork or barbacoa on warm tortillas or lettuce cups. Top with avocado and pico de gallo.